If you want to know how to stream PS4 games to PC, we have got you covered.
We all have been there. There is always someone else watching TV when you finally get the chance to use PlayStation 4. There is no reason to get angry or fight. Sony has upgraded PlayStation 4 to allow users to stream from their PS4 to PC. This update is in some ways similar to the streaming functionality that Sony offers for PlayStation Vita. How cool is that?
Most desktop and laptop users should be able to use the PS4 remote play feature. The minimum configuration required to use this feature is:
- Windows 8.1 or above, as well as OS X Yosemite
- 2 GB of RAM
- Monitor with a resolution of 1.024×768 or higher
- Core i5-520M 2.4 GHz processor
And of course, you need a speedy internet connection. It is recommended that you opt for an internet connection with a 12Mbps speed.
Here are six simple and easy steps to set up a PS4 to stream your favorite games on PC.
Step 1. Check your PS4 for System Upgrades
First things first. You will need to update your PS4 to the latest version. If you already have an updated version, you can skip this step
- Navigate to ‘System Settings’
- Click ‘Update System Software’
- If an update is available, continue
Step 2. On PS4, Turn on the Remote Play Feature
Follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Remote Play Connection Settings’
- To activate the remote play function, you must check the box
Step 3: PS4 should be set as the Primary System
Now that you’ve enabled remote play, this step is important. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to ‘Settings’
- In ‘Settings’, go to ‘PlayStation Network/Account Management
- Select ‘Activate as your primary PS4’
- Tap ‘Activate’
Step 4: Change PS4 Power Settings
In this step, you will have to change the power settings of your console.
- Access ‘Settings’
- Navigate to ‘Power saving settings’
- Click ‘Set Feature Available in Rest Mode
- You will need to ensure that the ‘Stay connected to the Internet’ option is enabled
- Also, do not forget to check the box ‘Enable Turning On PS4 from network’
Step 5: Remote Play Software should be installed on your PC
- You must now install the Sony Remote Play software on your personal computer
- Next, you need to follow the software installation instructions.
Step 6: It’s Time to Play
- After installing the Remote Play software on your computer, run it
- Click ‘Start’ in Remote Play software
- You will need to sign in to your PlayStation account
- Once logged in, the software will automatically search for your console system. Make sure the internet connection is active on both devices.
Finally, connect your Dual-Shock 4 controller to your computer using a Micro-USB cable and you’re good to go.