Did you have enough with making them understand your unavailability, and they don’t help but force you to join them? Then dear friend, you really need to show them your Google calendar. Yeah! Obviously, you can’t just take your smartphone to them, and ask them to have a relaxed look at your schedule.
But what you can do is learn how to share Google calendar, and then share with them the only matter you think would be enough to convince them. That’s possible! You can share your entire schedules on Google calendar with your friends or relatives, and personalize what they can and cannot see for added satisfaction.
Not only to make someone believe in your tough schedule, but you can also share your google calendar to arrange or place a meeting as well. This way, both you and them would be able to find a perfect date that suits both of your schedules and gets the work done without putting anyone of you in trouble.
How to Share Google Calendar?
First of all, you can’t share your Google calendar using your smartphone; instead, you will have to do it from your browser, which can either be Safari, Chrome, or whatever else.
Here’s how to share Google calendar
- Go to calendar.google.com on your browser.
- On the left side of your calendar screen, you can view all your calendars.
- Select the calendar that you want to share, and click on the three dots to open sharing settings.
- As you click on the settings and sharing options, you will be redirected to a window where you can add or remove people accordingly.
- You can share your Google calendar with anyone, regardless of their access to a Google account. But for that, you will have to make your calendar public, which will provide you with a link that you can share with anyone, and they will be able to carry out the authorized actions.
- Before you proceed with sharing your calendar with anyone, you need to ensure your events and schedules display at the right time on their end, it will make things easier for both of you.
- If you want to share with specific people, and people who have Google accounts, you can scroll down further, and click ‘Share with specific people’ to add their emails.
- Next to the email of every other person, the calendar will offer you some choices, these choices are actually their authorized actions, and range from:
- See only free/busy.
- See all event details.
- Make changes to events.
- Make changes and manage sharing.
- Select the appropriate and most-suited choice for every individual, and finally, click send.
It will result in the sharing of your Google calendar that will spare you the effort of investing your mind into convincing them of your unavailability and will find a good time to meet at a serene place.