One of the most often used features on laptops, PCs, cellphones, and tablets is the ability to take a screenshot. To go beyond just documenting what you see on your computer, screenshots may be used to show how something works step by step.
Using a keyboard, you may take a screenshot in Windows 10 by holding down the Windows key and pressing the PrtScn key. To capture a screenshot, hold down the function and print screen buttons on your keyboard and press them simultaneously.
In this post, we will guide you on how to screenshot on Lenovo laptop.
How to Screenshot on Lenovo
If you’re going to purchase a Lenovo laptop or PC, you might need to learn how to capture a screenshot on Lenovo first since the process is a bit different. ThinkPad, Yoga, and Chromebook are just a few of the Lenovo laptops available for purchase.
This guide will show you how to capture a screenshot on a Lenovo computer step-by-step.
How to Screenshot on Lenovo Thinkpad With Windows 10
If your Lenovo Thinkpad laptop has Windows 10 installed, you need to follow the below steps to learn to take a screenshot:
- Press & hold the Print Screen(PrtScn) key and Windows Key simultaneously.
- When you press both the keys together, you might notice that the display of your laptop gets dim.
- The screenshot will be saved in “Files” in the “Screenshot” folder.
Another Method For Taking a Screenshot on Thinkpad
- Press simultaneously, the “W” key and the “Windows” key.
- Just when you press the above keys, you will notice that a sidebar menu shows up on your screen’s right side.
- To see your screenshot, in the menu click on “Screen Sketch”.
- You can even make custom edits to your screenshot, such as annotating it.
- Now, click on the “Save” button to apply the changes.
Taking Screenshot on a Lenovo Thinkpad That Doesn’t Have Windows 10
On a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop without Windows 10, taking a screenshot is a little different. What you must do is as follows:
- Take a screenshot by pressing the PrtScn key.
- Open Microsoft Paint or a similar app on your smartphone to begin editing.
- Press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the picture you just copied into the tool.
- If you want to modify the screenshot, make some edits.
- Finally, save the snapshot by clicking save or using Ctrl + S.
How to Screenshot on Thinkpad Laptop With Windows 11
On a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11, you can snap a screenshot by pressing PrtScn a number of different ways.
The Print Screen key in Windows 11 is a convenient shortcut for taking a screenshot. To capture a screenshot, you have to press the Print Screen key on your laptop. When used in conjunction with other keys, this feature becomes much more powerful. Snap a look at the many Print Screen choices that you may utilize on Windows 11 laptops to take screenshots.
Note: Some laptops need the Fn (function) key to be pressed in order to capture a screenshot.
Press PrtScn: By hitting and holding the PrtScn key, you may copy the whole screen to the clipboard. You may use an image-editing program like Microsoft Paint to paste the copied picture.
Windows + PrtScn: Full-screen images can be captured by simultaneously pressing Windows and Print Screen. The screenshot can be accessed from the “Screenshots” folder.
Alt + PrtScn: As long as you press both the PrtScn and Alt keys simultaneously, you may paste the current tab or window into any supported programme.
The Snipping Tool is being phased out in favor of a more improved Snip and Sketch tool from Microsoft. Powerful photo editing is included in this edition of the Snipping Tool.
Windows 11’s Snip and Sketch tool may also be used to capture a screenshot. You don’t have to copy or paste anything into Paint or Word when using this tool to capture a screenshot of a specific area of the screen. Get started by following the instructions below.
- Snip and Sketch may be launched by using the Windows + Shift + S key sequence.
- The screen will now dim and the Snip & Sketch ribbon, which contains all of the screenshot editing choices, will appear. In addition to full-screen screenshots, you may now choose between rectangle snips, free-form snips, or snapshots of the current window.
- Go to “File” and select “Save As.” to save the screenshot in a proper location on your computer when you’ve finished editing it.
How to Take a Screenshot on Lenovo Yoga Laptop with Windows 10
Take advantage of the following methods if you have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 installed.
Method 1: Using keyboard shortcuts
- Hold down the Win key, the Shift key, and the S key at the same time.
- Take a screenshot by clicking and dragging your cursor over the area you wish to capture, then releasing the mouse click.
- You can locate the screenshot in the “Screenshots” folder in the “Pictures” section.
Method 2: Use the Snipping tool
Windows 10 has a screenshot tool called Snipping Tool. With the Snipping Tool on Lenovo’s Yoga laptop, you can simply snap unique screenshots in the form of your choice (rectangle, square, etc.). The Snipping Tool may be used to capture a screenshot on a Lenovo Yoga laptop.
- Snipping Tool may be found in the Start menu by typing “Snipping Tool.”
- Click on the “new” option in the tool.
- Take a screenshot by clicking the mouse and dragging the cursor to where you want to take a picture, then releasing the mouse.
- Your Snipping Tool will now display the screenshot, which you may then modify or annotate as desired.
- To save the screenshot, click on the “Save Snip” button.
How to Take a Screenshot on Lenovo Yoga Laptop without Windows 10
To take and modify a screenshot on a Lenovo Yoga without Windows 10, perform the following procedure.
- Take a snapshot by pressing and holding the PrtScn (Print Screen) key and copying the picture to your clipboard.
- Press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to “paste” the picture into Paint or another image editing programme.
- In the upper toolbar, select the “File” option and then click “Save” to save the image to your computer’s file system.
Note: Windows 11 on a Yoga laptop is identical to Windows 11 on a ThinkPad in terms of how screenshots are taken. Refer to the “Thinkpad” section of this page for a step-by-step guide.
Read More: Lenovo Yoga 9i Review
How to Take a Screenshot on Lenovo Tablet
Take a screenshot the same way if you’re using a Lenovo Android/Windows tablet: To snap a screenshot, hold down the power button while pressing the Volume down (-) button at the same time.
You may, however, utilize the Snip & Sketch function in the Notification Center to snap a screenshot if you’re using one of Lenovo’s widely touted 2-in-1 or tablets that are detachable with keyboards. To capture a screenshot on a Lenovo tablet, follow these simple steps:
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and choose Notification Center to access it.
- Click on the “Expand All” option which you can find at the bottom.
- To launch Snip & Sketch, choose the “Screen Snip” option.
- After making any changes you desire, “save” the screenshot.
How to Take a Screenshot on Lenovo Chromebook
It’s possible to snap screenshots on a Lenovo Chromebook or a two in one Chromebook that can also be used as a tablet by holding down both the power button and the volume down button at once.
You may capture a screenshot of the complete screen or just a piece of it using the following ways on a normal Lenovo Chromebook.
You must use Ctrl + Window Switcher to take a screenshot of the complete screen. The screenshot is instantly stored in a folder called “files” and may be quickly found by selecting the search button in the bottom taskbar of Windows 7.
Ctrl+Shift+Window Switcher together will take a screenshot of the selected area. You may then take a screenshot by selecting the section of the screen that you wish to capture. The saved screenshot may be found in the files directory.
How to Take a Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop Using Applications
Take a look at the top third-party applications you can use to capture and manage your screenshots on Lenovo if you don’t like memorizing keyboard keys or prefer having a special tool.
How to Take Screenshots on Lenovo via Snagit
One of the most popular tools for capturing screenshots in Snagit, which can be installed on Lenovo laptops and computers. You may use the Snagit software to capture a screenshot by following the instructions shown below.
- Download Snagit from the Snagit website.
- Run the application and create your Snagit account.
- Click on the “Capture” button.
- Now click and drag the mouse in order to select the portion of the screen you would like to screenshot and then release the mouse to have the frame retained.
- Click on the camera icon in order to capture the selected portion.
- A screenshot may also be edited or annotated using the Snagit Editor.
- Save the screenshot by pressing Ctrl and S.
How to Take a Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop Using Markup Hero
Markup Hero is another software that Lenovo users use for taking screenshots. Screenshots may be taken, edited, and annotated as needed.
- Markup Hero may be downloaded and used on any Windows-based computer.
- Finish the installation.
- Now, press Ctrl + Shift + 1 at the same time to open the application and snap a picture.
- A crosshair symbol will appear on your screen after tapping the keys.
- The area you wish to capture may be selected by dragging the crosshair selection across the screen.
- To save a screenshot to your computer, click on “copy and download.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Common questions concerning how to capture a screenshot on Lenovo are answered here. Have a look!
Where is the screenshot folder in Lenovo?
The screenshot folder in the Lenovo laptop can be located at C:\Users\[Your Name]\Pictures\Screenshots. Depending on your Lenovo device, you may locate all of your screenshots in one sub-folder under “Files” or “Pictures.”
What is the PrtScn button?
On most keyboards, there is a Print Screen key (PrtScn or PrtSc). Pressing this key may send a screenshot of the current screen to the computer’s clipboard or printer, depending on the operating system or currently running software.
Where is the Print Screen button on a laptop?
On most keyboards, the PrtScn key may be found between the Scroll Lock key and F12 on the top row. Print Screen or PrtScn is the most common name for this command.
What is the shortcut key for a snipping tool?
The Snipping Tool may be launched by clicking the Start button, searching for the snipping tool, then pressing Enter. (The Snipping Tool doesn’t have a keyboard shortcut.) Snip selection may be made by pressing Alt + M, selecting Snip, and then pressing Enter.
What to do when the Snipping Tool does not work?
The Snipping Tool may be stopped and restarted if it isn’t working. “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” on your keyboard will open the Task Manager. Remove the SnippingTool.exe file, restart, and attempt to take a screenshot once again.
Why is Snip and Sketch not working?
Snip and sketch may not be functioning on your device for a variety of reasons. Compatibility issues with third-party software or damaged data are the most frequent causes of its failure.
How can I save Snip and Sketch screenshots automatically?
Snip & Sketch does not have an automatic saving feature. In order to save a screenshot, just click the notification that appears.
After learning all the keyboard keys and combinations, capturing a screenshot on Lenovo must be a simple procedure for you. Third-party applications are also an option if you want to streamline your screenshot capture and editing processes.
We really hope that this article has been helpful in explaining how to screenshot on a Lenovo laptop. Let us know what you think in the comments section below!