Wondering if you can retrieve your voicemails back? Well, good news! Because here we are going to tell you how to do it. Regardless you have an Android or an iPhone.
For Android Users
When it comes to those individuals who use Android phones, retrieving the deleted voicemails can be done in two simple ways.
- Recovering deleted voicemail through voicemail app.
- Recovering deleted voicemail through a third-party
Let’s look at both of them:
Recovering Deleted Voicemail through Voicemail App
So, if you have deleted a voicemail, still, the data is saved on your android cellphone for a limited period. Hence, if you accidentally deleted something you can get it back by following these steps.
- First of all, open up your android phone and head towards the voicemail app.
- Open up the voicemail menu and click the deleted voicemails option.
- Now, the app will start showing you the removed voicemails that can be recovered. When you find the one you need, just tap and keep holding it.
- Lastly, it depends upon the model of your mobile phone, it will add a tick to the voicemail or a contextual menu will popup. Doesn’t matter what it shows – just click save and it will be moved from the deleted voicemail folder.
If this works out for you, you are good to go. If not? Don’t feel bad, we have got another way for you to retrieve your voicemails.
Recovering Deleted Voicemail through a Third-party App
If your data becomes lost or perhaps a very old voicemail is mistakenly erased from your android phone, you will not be able to restore it using the traditional Voicemail software that comes preloaded in your phone. If you’re concerned about this happening, you should consider downloading a third-party application to back up your phone files.
There are many applications available for you over the internet and play store, but MiniTool Power Data Recovery and EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard are two excellent choices recommended by us.
Both have simple and user-friendly interfaces which enable users to restore an ample amount of gigabytes of data which is more than enough for a few voicemails — before asking you to upgrade to a premium edition. Here are the steps you can take regardless of which application you choose to use.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that you install the recovery software on a different device. Do not install it on your phone, use your personal computer or a separate phone. The reason behind it is if something bad happens to your cellphone’s memory, and you have your data backed up in the same phone – it will be of no use.
- Once you are ready to recover your data, you will need to connect your Android phone to the computer to transfer the data back to your phone.
- You will need a USB cable to connect your phone and run the software.
- Next, as soon as you select your device, tap Scan. Some of the recovery software will prompt you to choose the type of data you want. When and if you are prompted, just select the voicemail option.
- Wait for a few minutes, the app will show you which data is recoverable. Look for the deleted voicemail and you should be able to restore it to your mobile device or your PC.
We hope that by following the above-mentioned steps you will get your old voicemails back. If these ways do not work out for you, there may be other options available for you depending upon the phone model and carrier service that you use. You can always reach out to device-specific online customer support. Try calling them and see what they have to offer.
For iOS Users
So, if you have an iPhone and you accidentally deleted a voicemail that you should have kept. Don’t worry, you can restore it, and yes – the steps are very simple.
For those of you who don’t know, when the iPhone originally came to the markets, it brought a whole new way of doing voicemails.
Hence, retrieving a deleted voicemail is a painless process.
- Firstly, open up your phone log app on your iPhone and access the voicemail.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of your voicemail list, you will see an option for the deleted messages. Click on it.
- You will see all of your removed voicemails in this section. You can also delete all of them permanently by clicking on Clear All.
- If you can locate your deleted voicemail, you can retrieve it from the folder, just click on the voicemail and then tap on undelete. This will move your voicemail to the main list where you can find it anytime.
So, next time you see anyone having a panic attack because of this, make sure to send them a link to this article!