YouTube hosts the favorite songs of almost every individual in the world. While some of them are fine with stream-listening to the music, some find it comfortable and satisfying to accommodate their favorite music on their smartphones and PCs.
However, since you are here, learning how to download music from YouTube, you must belong to the latter; and by the end of this guide, you will be able to carry and listen to your favorite music on the go, offline, or as you work.
It is important to get this fact right if you are downloading music from YouTube, it means you are converting those video files into MP3s, and not downloading those videos as they are. To download videos, there are different methods.
But for now, we will be looking at the methods that let you download them as MP3s, allowing you to keep listening to them at the time and place of your choice.
A Word of Advice
Before we get to how to download music from YouTube, it is imperative that you know you can’t download or convert every video that you want. There are videos on YouTube that are copyrighted and necessitate for you to acquire the permission of the owner. Only then, they can be converted and downloaded as music.
However, as for your own videos, public domains, and copyrights-free videos, there are no limitations. You can convert and download as many as you want, just that you need the right tools to do so. Speaking of the right tools, not all the programs, tools, and websites are safe for you to download music from YouTube.
You may welcome to your computer or smartphone a deadly virus/malware or get your sensitive data stolen in their hands if you are not careful. That said, follow only the sites listed in this guide, and later if you find any credible of them, you are free to opt for it.
Still, as a precaution, you must install antivirus software on your computer, and then carry out with downloading music from YouTube.
How to Download Music From YouTube to Your Computer?
To download music from YouTube to your computer, you only have to download and install a program called 4K Video Downloader. Available on their official site, you can download it for Windows, Ubuntu, and for macOS.
At first, the program will get installed with its free version that will indeed involve a bit of advertisement and some limitations like downloading 30 songs a day and one at a time, but you can get rid of it by paying a fee of $15, which will get you three personal licenses, and unlimited downloads.
Once you have downloaded the program, follow the steps below to start downloading music from YouTube.
- On your browser, open YouTube, and copy the link of any copyright-free video from the search bar.
- Paste that link into the program using the Paste Link option in the upper left corner of the screenshot attached above.
- It will prompt the window where you can choose the format, quality, and version of the video to be downloaded, and click Extract.
- The video will then be extracted into an MP3 file and will be saved in the location you set while setting the standards.
- You can also access the audio in the program itself, and double-click on it to open its location or play.
How to Download Music from YouTube on Chromebook or Your Smartphone?
Unlike downloading music from YouTube to the computer, you will have to go online to get your favorite songs downloaded on your smartphone. There is a website called YouTube to MP3 Converter that lets you convert and download your favorite YouTube music in the quality and format of your choice without much hassle.
Because it is an online converter and downloader, you can leverage its offerings for all devices, including PC, smartphones, and Chromebook. Here’s the procedure to follow:
- Go to YouTube, open the copyright-free video that you want to download, and copy its link from the share button below the video.
- Head to the browser, and type in the URL, which is youtubetomp3music.com.
- Now paste the link in the URL bar, and click ‘Go.’
- It will ask you to select the quality and format, select the MP3 320Kbps.
- Finally, tap or click convert, and your video will be converted.
- Click Download once the conversion finishes, and your file will be downloaded to your Chromebook or smartphone.
can either use a full-fledge Windows program to download copyright-free music from YouTube to your computer or Mac OS, or you can opt for an online video-converter called YouTube to MP3 Converter to convert and download YouTube videos to all of your devices including PCs, smartphones, and Chromebooks.
The only difference between the program and the online converter is compatibility, features, accessibility, and inclusivity.