Has your iOS browser been acting weirdly lately? Like sudden crashing, formatting, or displaying issues? You might have to clear your iPhone’s cache.
When you browse your iPhone, you unknowingly pile up many superfluous files on your device. And when they don’t get cleared up, they start messing up with your device. Therefore, we are here to make you learn how to clear cache on iPhone. Just follow through the guide step by step.
How to clear Browser cache on iPhone?
Certain performance issues get resolved when you clear up your browser’s cache. Over time, junk files accumulate in your phone and impact its performance. Don’t worry. We got you! Following is a simple step-by-step guide on how to clear cache on iPhone.
- Head to the “Settings” app on your iPhone
- Scroll down, find “Safari,” and tap
- Once you open it, scroll down and find “Clear History and Website Data” in blue color.
- It will ask you again to confirm as doing so will delete your phone’s history, cookies, and all the browsing history.
How to clear App Cache on iPhone?
To clear your app’s cache, you need to “offload” them. Doing so will get you a lot of free storage, and the best part is your data will stay intact. Here’s how you can clear your app cache.
- Head to the “Settings” app
- Find “General” with a gear icon and tap
- Once you are inside that option, tap “iPhone Storage”
- Here, you will find all the apps you have downloaded to your phone. Tap the one of which you want to clear cache and tap “Offload App”
- A message will pop up to let you know that your selected app will be deleted. However, that data will remain intact. Select “Offload App”
When you reinstall the deleted app, all the data of the app will be reinstated without requiring you to restore everything from the start.
Other Methods to clear up your iPhone’s Memory
Another way to clear your phone’s memory is by restarting your device. Mostly, IOS does not require user involvement to manage the phone’s memory. However, restarting your device is an easy and effective way to clear your device’s data and ensure the excellent performance of the apps.
Follow the Steps below to restart your Phone
- Press and hold the power button present on the right side of all the latest models, and volume up button until you see a slider stating, “Slide to Power Off” however, for old models, check for the button on the top and press it with the home button.
- Swipe the slider
- Wait until your device fully shuts down. Now, press and hold the side button again to turn on the phone.
The method has been proved vital for older versions at least. Do this on a daily basis to find the best results.
Whenever you find your phone not working well or encounter delays and performance issues while browsing or using your phone, immediately check if you have a lot of uncleared data on your phone. Most of the time, this is the primary reason that affects the iPhone’s efficiency. However, you can still deal with it by following the steps mentioned above. Also, if you are lazy enough to do so, download the “PhoneClean” app on your Mac and connect your phone. Clear the files by clicking on the scan option on the app. This is how you will get rid of all the unnecessary data