Nextbooks are an affordable EFUN entry for many. While it somehow managed to be successful with its products, their success couldn’t last — with frequently occurring problems within the Nextbooks, especially Nextbook Flexx 11.
They sometimes don’t switch on, don’t perform, and otherwise act up so much that you give up on your patience. As a result, the solution to all these problems lies either in resetting the laptop itself or replacing it with that of a https://shopcarmel.com/best-gaming-laptop-under-1000/.
You can proceed to go for either option, but we are here to instruct you on the various methods of resetting your Nextbook laptops without a grain of difficulty.
How Do I Factory Reset My Nextbook Laptop?
Resetting your Nextbook laptop is the same as resetting any other Windows laptop. There are two ways you can do so. However, before you proceed with any of these two methods, you should ensure that your Nextbook laptop is connected to a power supply. The resetting process will take quite a while, and power interruption may cause serious damage to the device.
How Do I Factory Reset My Nextbook Laptop with Password?
- Head on to the search bar present in the taskbar, click on it, and type Reset.
- You should see ‘Reset this PC’ as a result of your search.
- Press enter or click on the result.
- Your action will direct you to the windows as shown below.
- Under ‘Reset this PC,’ click on ‘Get Started,’ which will prompt the following window.
- Now choose from these two options, between ‘Keep my files,’ and ‘Remove everything’ depending upon your preference while resetting your Nextbook laptop.
a. If you are resetting to enhance the performance of your laptop, you may opt for the first option, which lets you keep your files.
b. If you are resetting to wipe the virus from your PC, you may have to opt for the second option, which removes everything from your Nextbook laptop.
- After you have selected one option, you will only have to follow the prompts one after another.
- The process will ask you multiple times for confirmation about keeping or removing all the files, and choose accordingly.
- The last prompt will finally let you use your Nextbook laptop as a fresh device.
How Do I Factory Reset My Nextbook Laptop Without Password?
The first method is valid only when you know the password of the Nextbook laptop, and can freely use the device. But what if you forget or don’t know the password? How would you reset your Nextbook laptop then? Here’s how you can reset your Nextbook laptop without logging into the device:
- If you don’t know the password, you must already be stuck on the lock or password screen, which appears right after the windows boots or your laptop starts.
- However, if you are on the lock screen, press any button, and it will take you to the password screen, where you type in the pin or password to log into the PC.
- From there, spot the power icon in the bottom right corner, click on it, and it will slide up a menu with three options Sleep, Shut Down, and Restart.
- Now press and hold the Shift Key before you click Restart from the menu.
- Keep holding the Shift key as your PC restarts, until the following window appears.
- Now from these four options, you need to select ‘Troubleshoot.’
- It will then result in two more options looking something like this.
- From these two options, click on ‘Reset this PC’ and you will see the following screen as a result of your action.
- Again, choosing between these options depends on why you are resetting, therefore, proceed accordingly.
- The next prompt will once again ask you for confirmation about keeping or removing everything from your computer, choose whatever you prefer.
- After quite a while, your Nextbook laptop will be reset, enabling you to use your laptop all fresh. Watch the visual interpretation here: How do I factory reset my Nextbook laptop? With the methods about resetting your Nextbook laptop coming to an end, there could be a black screen issue you may face with your Nextbook tablet. It is frequent within the earlier tablet releases from EFUN. And like everything else, we have got just the solution for that as well.
There can be a myriad of reasons why the screen on your Nextbook tablet turns black while previously working flawlessly. It could be both hardware or software issues. For hardware issues, you may have to visit their customer support and get them fixed. But for software issues, following these steps might help you use your Nextbook tablet flawlessly once again.
- If your tablet is up and running, you need to shut it down.
- After you have shut down your Nextbook tablet, press and hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time.
- You need to keep holding them until your tablet starts booting and the Nextbook logo appears.
- Let go of the buttons then, and enjoy using your Nextbook tablet the way you used to do before.
How Can You Reset Your Nextbook Tablet to Factory Settings?
Resetting your Nextbook tablet depends upon what operating system it’s running on. For instance, there are some Android Nextbook tablets, and some tablets run on Windows OS, 8.1 to be precise. There lies a different method for resetting with each of them.
Resetting Windows Nextbook Tablet
The method of resetting a Windows Nextbook tablet is the same as resetting your Nextbook laptop without a password, as explained above. There are minor differences as described below:
- From the login screen of your Nextbook Windows tablet, spot the ease of access icon in the bottom left corner, and click on it.
- It will open a menu with different options, select ‘On-screen keyboard’ from there.
- It will open a keyboard on your screen, where you will press the Shift key.
- Tap on the shift key only once, and in the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the power icon, and select ‘Restart.’
- The rest of the prompts will be the same as above, where you learned about resetting your Nextbook laptop without a password. You can also reset your Windows Nextbook tablet with the password in, exactly the same way we did with a Nextbook laptop above.
Resetting Android Nextbook Tablet
The process of resetting your Android Nextbook tablet is the same as resetting any other android tablet. Here’s what you need to do to reset your tablet back to its factory settings.
- Open Settings, and search or find ‘Backup and Restore.’
- Once you have found it, click or tap on it, and follow the prompts.
This was the method to reset your Android Nextbook tablet with a password. Here’s how to reset it without a password.
- Shut down your tablet.
- Press and hold the power button, volume up, and volume down button at the same time.
- Note that if your Nextbook android tablet has a home button, press and hold that instead of the volume down button.
- Your tablet will boot into recovery mode, here with the help of volume keys, you will be able to move between the options and select the ‘Wipe all the data and factory reset’ option using the power button.
- It will then reset your Android Nextbook tablet, and start fresh.
Resetting both the Nextbook tablets and laptops running Windows have the same methods as described in this guide. You can restore them with or without a password, with minor differences, which we have explained with the steps instructing on resetting both the laptops and tablets. Hopefully, this guide will help you solve a pressing issue with some ease.